Recall that she recently said that if anyone truly died during the Lekki Toll Assault, their people should speak out so there will be less sensationalization in the land.
After receiving heavy backlash, she revealed that her tweet was misunderstood and she does not doubt that people actually lost their lives.
Omotola added that she just need Nigerians to collate the facts and get angry again, instead of the recent “leaving the country for greener pastures” talks the people have been having.
Her words, “If People died during the Lekki Toll Assault , let their people speak out please and if there were No deaths then enough with the sensationalization because it does not remove from the Crime that happened. PEACEFUL PROTESTERS WERE ATTACKED. WHY? BY WHOM ! #EndImpunityinNigeria.”
What do you think?
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is a Nigerian Police Force unit under the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department headed by the Deputy Inspector General of Police Anthony Ogbizi. Since 2012, SARS has come under controversy for being linked to acts of extortion, torture, framing and blackmail.
The Special Anti-Robbery Squad was founded in 1992 by former police commissioner Simeon Danladi Midenda. The major reason SARS was formed was when Col. Rindam, a Nigerian Army Colonel was killed by police officers at a checkpoint in Lagos.
SARS is one of the 14 units in the Force Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department which was established to detain, investigate and prosecute people involved in crimes like armed robbery, kidnapping and other forms of crimes.
During its formation the Special Anti-Robbery Squad was known to operate covertly. SARS operatives were not allowed to wear police uniform, publicly carry guns or have walkie-talkies. They were given unmarked vehicles with sometimes no license plates or private plate numbers during duty.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Johnny Drille & LadiPoe – Hold On [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Ginger Breadman – School Of The Hard Knock [AuDio]