NRC’s Managing Director, Mr. Fidet Okhiria reevaled this at the closing ceremony and graduation of the corporation’s screeners, after a training programme.
According to him, the corporation is passionate about the security of its staff and passengers at railways stations, so their affairs have to be taken seriously.
He added that the stations are getting modernized, and the facilities that never used to exist and now coming in.
His words, “We are modernising, and those facilities we don’t normally have in our stations, we are now bringing them in.”
“We are talking of walkthrough scanners and luggage scanners. We are now installing them.
“We have to train the people to know how to use them, not only on the maintenance and operations but also the spirit behind it. “To do that, we have to get people that are already used to doing it.
“We approached FAAN and they are willing to train our people, and what we have done here is training the trainers.
“We started with 10 people because as at the time we started the process for this training, we had only five stations along Abuja- Kaduna rail line.”
“Now that we are introducing the Itakpe-Warri and Lagos-Ibadan rail lines, we will also arrange for more people to be trained.
“I want to appreciate FAAN for this training, in the interest of the nation.
“We are one, whether it is air, land, or rail transport and this collaboration will continue.
“We are doing all these to make NRC conform to what is done all over the world in terms of security.”
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan