The Federal Government has come out to say that deep fake news are being used to attack it and its officials.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed recently revealed that this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Sal Island, Cape Verde.
According to him, fake news have really worsened and it is fast becoming a weapon for naysayers to attack government and its officials.
He added that this trend is becoming really worrying for unsuspecting Nigerians to know the difference between fake news and real information.
His words, “As a matter of fact, Nigerians should know that we have graduated from ordinary fake news to ”deep” fake news. The danger of deep fake news is that it is difficult to differentiate the fake news from real news.”
“This is because purveyors of deep fake news would take a story, be it a video or a photograph and make it look real.”
“They will take videos of what is happening in other lands, doctor them and freely circulate them as what is really happening in Nigeria. Ditto photographs.”
“News stories are even worse, because they embellish such fake stories with quotes and videos and even quote government officials, as if they are real.”
“This becomes more difficult for unsuspecting Nigerians to know the difference between the fake news and real information.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]
- L.A.X – Faster
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape