The Federal Government has not listed any condition to lift the suspension of Twitter in Nigeria, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has said.
This was recently contained in a statement signed by the ministry’s spokesperson, Ferdinand Nwonye. It was titled, ‘Clarification Of Comments By The Honourable Minister Of Foreign Affairs At His Meeting With Envoys’.
According to him, the recent statement by the honorable minister was clearly quoted out of context, and he was speaking generally about the responsibilities that go with freedom of speech.
He added that Twitter’s operations in Nigeria will be restored only if the platform can be used responsibly by citizens.
His words, “Twitter’s operations in Nigeria will be restored only if the platform can be used responsibly.”
“This statement by the Honourable Minister has been quoted out of context. Contrary to the publications, the Honourable Minister was speaking generally about the responsibilities that go with freedom of speech, stating that platforms that have the power to instantly disseminate information among billions of people have the added responsibility to exercise that power responsibly.”
“The Ministry wishes to state categorically that the Honourable Minister did not give any conditions regarding lifting the Twitter suspension.”
- Rema – Soundgasm
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Magnito – Phakama ft Mimi South & Iyanya
- L.A.X – Pepe ft Davido
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]