58-year-old�Bhanwarlal Doshi, who was profiled by Forbes and said to be worth over $600m, runs a plastic company in Delhi, India. But Doshi would get converted into the famous Jain monk’s life, prompting him to give up his $600m empire.
He got converted on Sunday and became one of the disciples of Jain Acharya, Shri Gunratna Surishwarji Maharaj.
To kick-off his monk life, a lavish three-day send-off party was thrown for him, where 1,500 people served food to guests. After the ceremony, he is expected to live in abject poverty with no maids or money or any physical possession.
Times of India reports that, �The venue [of the send-off] was built in the form of a ship. 500 hotel rooms were booked to accommodate guests. An estimated 150,000 people participated in the event.”
Reports said he had always wanted to become a monk after he listened to Jain’s lectures in 1981, but it took him time to convince his family.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- BOJ – Emotions
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Ajaeze – Reason
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]