The Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Kwara state, Barrister Ayinla Jawondo has said the state government was served with the writ of summon and not an order stopping them from taking further steps on the controversial Saraki land on which the constructed “Ile-Arugbo” was destroyed.
According to Ayinla, the state government is a firm believer in the rule of law and so further actions on the matter have been suspended until the court gives its final say.
He also said that the injunction granted would expire one week, adding that when the case is deliberated upon in court, the injunction would be withdrawn.
His words, “Since we have not been served the court order, it could mean that we have not been restrained, but the issue is that even before they got the order of interim of injunction on our own we have stayed actions on it.
“Our decision was taken since last week Friday when they brought the advance copy of what was brought today which is official.
“This is because we want to follow the rule of law, so whether they served us this order or not we have stopped further action as a government that believes in the rule of law.”
“But we know as a matter of fact that by the time we place the real fact before the court, the court will know that in the first instance they did not deserve the order of injunction granted them.
“From what we have the Sarakis don’t have anything other than the 2005 allocation paper which stated six conditions before they could construct on the land and not one of those conditions was fulfilled.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]