Presidential candidate of the APC, Muhammadu Buhari was in Lagos today to meet with a small group of his most passionate volunteers � and after an engaging evening of ideas, vision, and intense engagement on the future of the country.
The event had in attendance his key supporters including Governor Babatunde Fashola, Nasir el-Rufai, Director General of the campaign, Governor Rotimi Amaechi and Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora. There were joined by several prominent young leaders volunteering for his campaign.
�The fall of the Soviet Union informed my change of mind, towards the idea of multi-party democracy,” he said about his staunch belief in the power of democracy.”
�I flew into Adamawa as Head of State and that was the last we heard of Maitatsine (sect),” he said of fighting insurgents when he was Head of State.
�This is the beginning of a series of engagements,” he told the volunteers after a robust question and answer session. �We will keep you updated on series of engagements from January. Follow @thisisbuhari.”
One of the excited volunteers tweeted after: ‘I had doubts, because I was not born when he was President,” said talent manager, Isioma Osaje. �But tonight I have zero doubts. My vote come 2015 is for CHANGE.”
After the event, he stopped by at the screening of Saro The Musical, a production written by Bolanle Austen-Peters and produced by Terra Kulture.
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Burna Boy – RockStar (Reggae version) [AuDio]
- DJ Kaywise – What Type Of Dance ft Mayorkun, Naira Marley & Zlatan
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]