Governor of Oyo state, Abiola Ajimobi has rejected the Federal government’s directive for the creation of cattle Colonies in all states of the country as a means of putting an end to the violent activities of the Fulani Herdsmen.
Governor Ajimobi, who made this known while receiving the Alaafin of Oyo at the state government house on Thursday, said the cattle colony directive was tantamount to modern day slavery.
He said: “Cattle colony is tantamount to modern slavery because colony is synonymous with colonization. We cannot have that in Oyo State. It is a pointer to the fact that federalism is not working in Nigeria.
“If poultry farmers or owners of piggeries, among others, are not being offered colonies for their own livestock, why should herdsmen be a survival category.
“Our position is to support controlled ranching, under which we will provide land and other basic modern facilities for good cattle business as well as breeding. Those wishing to rear cattle will use the facilities at moderate cost. No more, no less.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Burna Boy – Trap Symphony [AuDio]
- Diamond Platnumz – Simba [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]