The Concerned Ekiti Patriots (CEP) has alleged that Governor Fayose of Ekiti state has plans of sacking a total of 3,500 workers from the state’s civil service.
The group warned the governor to immediately drop the idea to avoid facing the wrath of the Ekiti people.
CEP alleged that �in a radio programme monitored in Lagos recently, Governor Fayose hinted on the possibility of retrenching about 3,500 workers in a bid to reduce the government’s monthly wages and financial burden of six months unpaid salaries to state workers and nine months to local government staff.
The group said: �The governor, who was responding to a caller in the phone-in segment of the programme, had said that retrenching about 3,500 workers would give the government some relief, insisting that the civil service was over-bloated.
�He added that the office of the Civil Service Commission (CSC) was already compiling the list of redundant workers for the purpose of relieving them of their duties.”
The interest group, which reacted through its coordinator, Elder Alaba Olugbade, warned that retrenching workers, who are already being owed several months of unpaid salaries, was not the solution to the state’s financial crisis.
CEP noted that the two tranches of the Paris Club loan refunds, the N1.3 billion budget support facility monthly and the federal allocations to the state were sufficient to offset the salaries of the workers if properly utilized.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]