Nigerian governors after a meeting with President Buhari have said they will stick by the directive of the President to pay all outstanding salary arrears before Christmas next month.
The governors however gave a condition that should be met for them to comply with the directive, Premium Times reports. Those present in the meeting also includes minister Kemi Adeosun, the minister of budget and national planning Udo Udoma, and the Central Bank governor, Godwin Emefiele.
Rochas Okorocha, the Imo state governor, disclosed this on Monday, November 27, while speaking to State House correspondents after the governors held a closed-door meeting with the president.
Okorocha said: �The president has expressed the need to make ensure that every Nigerian especially the workers have a beautiful Christmas and the issue of outstanding Paris club was discussed and that was taken care of.
�We also made a request for Mr. President’s approval so that the balance should form part of our 2018 budget, because we can’t include it, until we are sure that the money is coming. That was also sorted out.
�So, as it is now, the issue of workers took the centre stage and Mr. President was concerned about those who depend on their salaries to feed their families and pay their house rent and he had the assurance from the governors that we will meet up those obligations.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best Of Terry G [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]