There still seems to be some discomfort between legendary rapper Modenine and some indigenous rappers in the country after some jibes were thrown at each in some tracks.
It is believed that this song was an attack on Rapper, Modenine and MI, who rap more in English with the use of Punchlines.
But Modenine, has laughed over this stating that the rappers were just clowning around.
It’s a lovely song, when I heard it I felt it was a satire meant to ruffle some feathers though but it cannot be directed at artistes who still use punchlines in their raps.
We all know that punchlines still and will forever bring in the money. Because if you check advertising, you will find out that the payoffs, the punchlines are always there and that brings a lot of money. Punchlines bring in the money. I like the song, but seriously, I know they were just clowning around
he told Hiptv.
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- FloWolf, Dremo & Mayorkun – On A Jay
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Zoro – Church [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]