Catholic married men who would love to serve God in the Church have have received fresh hopes as Pope Francis has called for debate over allowing these men to become priests.
The Pope in a recent decision has requested a debate over allowing married men in the Amazon area of Brazil become priests, The Telegraph reports.
Report has it that Pope Francis’ decision to put a ‘partial lifting’ of priestly celibacy up for discussion and possibly voting by the bishops in Brazil followed a request by a Cardinal on the issue.
Cardinal Claudio Hummes, the president of the Episcopal Commission for the Amazon, had reportedly asked the Pope to consider ordaining viri probati, married men of great faith, as priests.
The cardinal was said to have argued that these men are capable if ministering to many individuals in remote communities within the Amazon. He also raised issues of the shortage of priests and other evangelical Christians and pagan sect who he said are capable of displacing Catholicism.
The Pope was quoted saying- “speak to the bishops and tell them to make valid proposals.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Flavour – Levels
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Maleek Berry – Peru (Cover)
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Qdot – Gbeja ft Wasiu Alabi Pasuma