The Federal House Of Representatives is considering taking action over President Buhari’s delay in signing some bills sent to him.
The speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, directed the chairman House committee on rules/business, Orker Jev, to compile a list of bills passed by the National Assembly which have not been signed into law by the President.
Dogara asked Jev to forward the compiled bills the floor for members to look at them and decide whether to override Buhari’s veto on them, The Punch reports.
Chairman, House committee on public petitions, Uzoma Nkem-Abonta had on Thursday, March 8, complained that several bills passed and forwarded to the president were neither signed into law nor returned to the National Assembly.
Nkem-Abonta had noted that some of the bills yet to be signed into law by Buhari dated back to 2017.
Nkem-Abonta sought the application of the provisions of Section 58 of the Constitution which provide that where the president withholds his assent and the bill is again passed by each House by two-thirds majority, the bill shall become law and the assent of the president shall not be required.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]