According to a reliable source, as a result of a certain international mobile phone brand wanting to appeal to a more ‘younger, urban’ Nigerian demographic, they considered engaging the services of ‘artiste brand’ for a short term period.
May D was considered alongside Patoranking and Reminisce to be the face of the international mobile phone brand already making waves. Within the head office of the mobile phone brand, May D was hugely popular and all seemed locked as even the Chief Marketing Office was a fan. However, at the initial sit-down interview with the artistes, the impression changed.
We were hugely disappointed! May D couldn’t even string sentences together. He kept mumbling and speaking in catch-phrases and street language. Whether it was an act to sell himself as a ‘street-credible’ artiste, it didn’t come across as professional.
The contrary was the case when the marketing team met with Reminisce.
We were blown away. This was someone who performed in really local, ‘area boy’ language. And he was in our office speaking spotless grammar. Members of my team were so shocked. I remember my CMO saying this was someone who could truly represent our brand. We didn’t bother to meet with Pato after that.
The team eventually met with Patoranking but they were not as impressed with Reminisce and the deal was sealed and the announcement was made.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussH – Last Last [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]