Gospel music guru, Tope Alabi recently revealed to TejuBabyFace that he’ll never her calling her husband, Daddy because it is not a romantic tag.
Her words, “It is not romantic at all. Why will I call my husband daddy when I know who my Daddy is, I know where my daddy lives so why will I bestow such title on my husband?
Besides, that title is also used for Pastors and their wives, the Pastor can refer to his wife as Mummy and in vice versa.”
On how they met and got married, she shared that they met in 1995.
“I was into theater then, I used to do background songs for Yoruba movies and he was a studio manager then and we became friends, I liked him. Whenever I didn’t show up in the studio to record, he will ask those around about my whereabouts….then, he used to call me Aunty Tope but now we call each other my choice. He is my manager, keyboardist, band member and most importantly my husband. ”
She further disclosed where she draws her musical inspiration from.
“I don’t compose my songs, i listen to the holyspirit to give me songs. My husband takes me to a place to be there for 5, 7 days and there i pray and fast for songs from the Holyspirit. Anyone that likes my music must be a child of God or wants to be a child of God.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]