The Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Kunle Somorin recently revealed this to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the news was very disturbing when it broke, and the governor cannot be held responsible for the actions of a full-grown adult.
He added the crime happened outside the jurisdiction of Ogun State and Nigeria, and the culprit has since been suspended from office so he can answer the charges levelled against him.
His words, “We received the very disturbing news of the arrest of one of the Governor’s political appointees, Mr Abidemi Rufai in New York over alleged unemployment benefits and fraud in the United States, this morning.”
“While the governor cannot be held responsible for the actions of a full-grown adult, especially outside the jurisdiction of Ogun State and Nigeria, he has since suspended the suspect from office to enable him to answer the charges levelled against him.”
“The governor wishes to condemn any act capable of undermining his determination to institute an open, transparent, accountable and morally upright behaviour in the State and in governance.”
“Governor Abiodun remains committed to his agenda of Building Our Future Together and will not condone criminals either in his government or the state in general.”
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Hanu Jay & Mayorkun – Insane
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Soundgasm
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- TMP – KIZO ft Bella Shmurda
- Fanzy Papaya – ParacetaMoney
- Oritse Femi – Baby ft Iyanya
- Olamide – PonPon ft Fave
- Patoranking – Celebrate Me
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]