He recently had his say while speaking to the press, and fans have been reacting.
According to him, he needed some time away from the ring to process the back-to-back defeats in 2020 and 2021 which were the only losses of his professional career.
Wilder added that he wanted to walk away from boxing for good but changed his mind after witnessing the public’s reaction to the statue built in his honour in May 2021.
His words, “What really got me back to this point [was the realization], like, damn, the world really needs me.”
“I really motivate people. Although I’ve already known [that], even more so … when I got my statue man – When I got my statue, and that set all my accomplishments in stone, you’re looking at a walking, living legend.”
“No matter what, my supporters or my haters, when all talk dies, that statue stay risen. You feel me? That statue stay there forever ’til God comes and takes it away or some type of disaster happens… to see so many people come [for the unveiling] and women and see men break down and show their vulnerable side – I love that.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- Omah Lay – Woman
- Wizkid – Ojuelegba (Remix) ft Drake & Skepta [AuDio]
- Yemi Sax – My Woman My Everything + Thinking Out Loud [AuDio]
- Wasiu Alabi Pasuma – Change [AuDio]
- Henry Knight – Damilohun [AuDio]
- A-Q – Red Cups ft Mr. J.I [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Toby Grey – Na U ft Soma [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Gbona [AuDio]
- Seriki – Angel ft Sojay [AuDio]
- Reekado Banks – Rora [AuDio]
- Orezi & Sheebah – Sweet Sensation [AuDio]
- Nasty C – Uno (Cemix) [AuDio]