Rising artiste and YBNL signee, Adekunle Gold whose love themed song, Orente is fast becoming a favorite among music lovers. He has revealed, in a recent interview with newsmen that he didn’t lobby to be signed by Olamide.
When I dropped ‘Sade‘, Olamide apparently liked it and the whole of YBNL crew. So he called me and said he really likes my sound and he doesn’t want me to change my style. He later said he will like to work with me
Said the hit artiste.
I didn’t see it coming, I didn’t lobby for it or do whatsoever about it. I have always wanted someone to believe in me, I have been looking forward to that since. I just took it that way and the story changed
The singer who also doubles as a graphics designer also explains the reason he was signed
I guessed it just worked because my music is indigenous too and then my sound identifies with the streets. I have been working with Olamide, I designed the YBNL logo and I have done a couple of designs for the label before I got signed last year
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]