He recently had his say during an interview with BBC and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the recent allegation is a mere ridicule that was cooked up, and it is far from true.
He added that the reports are nothing but a fallacy and those that know him very well are aware of the truth.
His words, “I don’t want to talk over the matter since those who know me very well say that the MP’s statement is nothing but a mere fallacy.”
What do you think?
Yakubu “Jack” Gowon (born 19 October 1934) is a Nigerian political and military leader who served as the head of state of Nigeria from 1966 to 1975.
He ruled during the deadly Nigerian Civil War, which resulted in the death of 3 million people, most of which were civilians. He took power after the 1966 Nigerian counter-coup and was overthrown in the 1975 Nigerian coup d’état.
Gowon is an Ngas (Angas) from Lur, a small village in the present Kanke Local Government Area of Plateau State. His parents, Nde Yohanna and Matwok Kurnyang, left for Wusasa, Zaria as Church Missionary Society (CMS) missionaries in the early days of Gowon’s life.
He grew up in Zaria and had his early life and education there. At school Gowon proved to be a very good athlete: he was the school football goalkeeper, pole vaulter, and long-distance runner.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Basketmouth – Pepper Soup ft Duncan Mighty & Ice Prince
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]