King of the Zanga, Durella has spoken out on his intended move to D’Banj’s DB Records.
The act who is still signed to Ikonic Music is pushing to be a part of DB Records and he explains why.
I am still signed to Ikonic Music but there’s a quest to move to DB Records. I want to pitch my tent in the international scene, that’s why we gave DB Records some consideration. I think it’s a platform for international advancement. I want Sony Records to take over the management of my music career. I also want international distribution for my works
He also speaks on his friendship with D’Banj who was considered his arch-rival circa 2007.
D’Banj is my friend, I am presently living in his house. We have not signed an official contract, but very soon, it will come to pass.
Durella scored a big hit last year with ‘Club Rock’ but nothing major has been heard from him since. Insiders say that Ikonic Music isn’t doing much to push his career further. Durella who burst into the scene in 2007 with a style reminiscent to that of D’Banj’s has had a start-stop career with many setbacks.
Both acts recently collaborated on ‘Ibadi E (Let It Bounce)’, a track off DB Records’ upcoming collaboration album ‘DKM (D’ King’s Men)’
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Crayon – Jackpot ft Bella Shmurda
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]