The music diva Seyi Shay is featured on the cover of the new edition of Blanck Magazine, and in her special feature, she talked about her career and negative reviews from lifestyle blogs which she sees as unfair.
She maintains however, that she never lets the barrage of negative commentaries bring her down.
It drives traffic
she insists in this illuminating feature.
I am here for the love of music; to make good music and to leave positive marks in the industry.
I won’t say I read news reports on myself often. I check them out sometimes just to see what my fans are saying or thinking or to see what reviews the editors are giving my music or my campaigns. It’s important for my brand; but on whether I feel unduly targeted by blogs especially those that sensationalise the things I wear; I would say – Not at all, it brings good traffic!
It is normal for anyone bringing something new to the scene, to face oppositions especially from people who don’t get it. When people see things they are not used to, they speculate but having said that, I think a lot of people are starting to understand my brand. I am here for the love of music; to make good music and to leave positive marks in the industry.
I also get very positive reviews both locally and internationally. I am very focused on my business as an artist. Mourning about the negatives and eventually breaking down as a result is not an option for me.
Source: Blanck Magazine
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]