The movie star recently jumped on social media to describe him as a living legend, while wishing him long life and prosperity.
Her words, “Happy birthday to a living legend of my time. @adebayo.salami igba odun, odun kan ni. I wish you long life and prosperity as you age with grace of almighty God sir.”
Congrats to him.
Adebayo Salami popularly known by his stage name Oga Bello, is a veteran Nigerian actor, filmmaker, movie producer and director. Albeit of Kwara descent, Salami was born on 9th Of May, 1953 in Lagos State where he had both primary and secondary education.
He began his acting career in 1964, with a group called Young Concert Party, under the leadership of Ojo Ladipo, popularly known as Baba Mero. After a few years, the group changed its name to Ojo Ladipo Theatre Group, and later metamorphosed into Awada Kerikeri Theatre Group. Following the demise of Ojo Ladipo in 1978, Salami took the mantle of leadership of the group, which brought him into the limelight.
He featured in the first Yoruba film, Ajani Ogun, in which the late Adeyemi Afolayan, the father of Kunle Afolayan and Gabriel Afolayan, plays the lead role. He also featured in a movie titled Kadara by Adeyemi Afolayan (Ade love). He later featured in the popular Nigerian comedy series Comedy half hour with the stage name Oga Bello.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussH – Last Last [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay