The Nigerian Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI) has praised the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu for EFCC’s success since 2015.
According to the group, EFCC has done remarkably well in the areas of convictions and recoveries in the last four years.
Revealing this recently, at EFCC headquarters, the Executive Secretary, NEITI, Waziri Adio said Magu is a brilliant fighter and should be praised for his fight against corruption.
His words, “I must congratulate you on the job you are doing since you took over in 2015. The job you are doing for the country is quite amazing. So, keep it up because records speak for themselves,”
“We believe that if we bring the comparative advantages we have to work together, it will be for the good of the country. We work in the extractive sector, which as at today, accounts for more than 50 per cent of our revenue, and more than 80 per cent of our export. If we are interested in fighting corruption in Nigeria, it is very important to collaborate. On things we don’t have the power to do, we will come up with our statistics, and you, in turn, will help with your investigative and prosecution powers.”
Magu also begged NEITI to make an official request for allocation of office accommodation, vowing to assist in the presentation of the request to the federal government.
His words, “I prefer giving these assets to government agencies because it saves the federal government a lot of money in building new offices for its agencies.”
- Tentik – Recognize Now or Famz Later MixTape
- Tiwa Savage – Dangerous Love [AuDio]
- Limbuzee – Big Dreams ft Erigga [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Erigga – AYEME ft Yungzee [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Sarz & Wizkid – Hold Me (Memories That Last Forever)