Its stance was recently revealed via a statement by its secretary-general, Okechukwu Isiguzoro.
According to him, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide is not in support of the sit-at-home order because it will only worsen the economic woes of the region.
He added that the group will be in support of any civil disobedience that won’t cause untold hardship and economic havoc on southeastern Nigerians.
His words, “We are in support of any civil disobedience that will be peaceful and without infestations of untold hardship and economic havoc on southeastern Nigerians, we are aware of the economic losses associated with sit-at-home orders in the past but we call for caution in the issuance of fresh sit at home orders with suffering starring on the faces of Ndigbo.”
“Southeastern governors should be consulted with other stakeholders including Igbo traditional rulers and market administrators to ascertain the consequences of sit-at-home orders in the past and the best strategies to free Nnamdi Kanu.”
“It’s not in the best interest of Ndigbo to add more salt to injuries, there are better options that IPOB can use to push for the release of Nnamdi Kanu without infesting hardships on Ndigbo through sit-at-home.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]