Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU President revealed this in a recent made available in Abuja.
According to him, the ongoing strike may still linger if the government fails to meet its demand, so Nigerians should bear with ASUU as the battle continues.
He added that ASUU has shifted positions in some respects, it is now up to FG to show more concern.
His words, “Our Union is struggling to ensure that the children of the poor, who cannot afford the prohibitive cost paid in private universities or do not have opportunities to study outside Nigeria, get quality education which is not priced beyond their reach.
“This will only happen when government adequately funds public universities and addresses the rot and decay in them.
“ASUU has shifted positions in some respects.
“For instance, our members have reduced their demand of one tranche N220bn of the outstanding revitalization fund by 50 per cent.
“The Union has also agreed that N30bn out of the so far verified arrears of N40bn of the earned academic allowances (EAA) be paid to our members while the balance of N10bn could be spread over the next two tranches,
“We were equally making steady progress on other issues.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Overall – Iyawo Mi [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Omah Lay – Confession [AuDio]
- WurlD – Chop N Pray [AuDio]
- Danny Boy – Come Over [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]