CAN’s Assistant General Secretary and Chairman of CAN’s anniversary celebration committee, Elder Biodun Sanyaolu recently revealed this to the press, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, it is a huge shame to see how Christians are allegedly being persecuted by being denied promotion and appointments, and being denied certificates of occupancy in many Northern states.
He added that it is also unacceptable that several public schools have removed Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK) from their curriculum.
His words, “Since, the Association came on board on August 27, 1976, it has been consistent in standing against evil in the land.”
“But today it is regrettable that there is a siege on the Church which all began with the killings and burning of churches in some states in the North at the emergence of Boko Haram terrorists. Their primary targets, according to their declaration, were Christians and Muslims who stand in their way.”
“Our members are being persecuted because of their faith. Some were denied their rights like promotion and appointments. Churches were denied certificates of occupancy in many states in the North while many public schools have removed Christian Religious Knowledge from their curriculum.”
“It is also reprehensible that the security architecture of the country has been compromised. Some external forces are making futile attempts to hijack the Association. But we cannot lose our focus.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]