Fred believes the word should only be used to address those who have contributed to the growth of the Nigerian movie industry over a long period of time.
According to him, it is an insult to do otherwise because it is unfair to the real legends of the industry.
He added that the glory of actors who gave their all to take Nollywood to where it is today should not be given to those that do not deserve it.
His words, “I feel insulted when media people call young actors and directors veterans. How long have they been in Nollywood? What impact have they made in Nollywood? If you call them veterans of Nollywood, what would you call people like Keppy Bassey Ekpeyong or me that have been in the industry for long?
“The Directors Guild of Nigeria, which was founded by six angry men, will be 20 this year. We will have a three day celebration in Abuja between April 23rd to 25rd. on the first day of the celebration; we have a novelty match between Nollywood personnels and the national house of assembly team. The other two days will be filled with activities, which included bestowing of awards on distinguished individuals such as Former president Goodluck Jonathan, Ooni of Ife and several other dignitaries.”
What do you think?
Fred Amata is a Nigerian actor, producer, and director.
A graduate of Theatre Arts from the University of Jos, Fred shot into limelight in 1986 for his role in a film titled Legacy.
He currently serves as the President of the Directors Guild of Nigeria, since February 27, 2016.
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Skales – I Dey Miss You ft Imanse
- Tems – Crazy Tings
- Olamide & Eskeez – Loose It
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Jaywon – Las Last ft Seyi Vibez
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- L.A.X – Faster
- DJ Latitude, Soundz & Fireboy DML – Peru (Amapiano Remix)
- 2Baba – Searching ft Bongos Ikwue
- Tito Da.Fire – Kokoro [AuDio + ViDeo]