He revealed this while he addressed protesters at the Lagos Assembly complex in Ikeja today.
According to him, the brutality by some members of the Special Anti-Robbery (SARS) unit is terrible and has gone beyond reforms.
He added that it will always be wrong to arrest people on the road just because of the hair they wear or how they are dressed.
His words, “It has gone beyond having hotlines or doing reforms. As the Deputy Speaker rightly said, we really need to look into it.
The IG of police seriously must consider. Nigeria Police are working for the people. If the (SARS) unit is working for the people and the people are calling for it to be disbanded, then let us do what they are saying.”
“The truth is, you can’t just arrest people on the road because of the hair they wear. That is not to say that we do not have bad people but because of the lack of training on how to deal civilly with people, we now come to have what SARS is today.
So, I am in alignment with the prayers of the deputy speaker and I feel that we should do that expeditiously.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Shadow – Trauma
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- Edanos – Woman Crush Everyday