In typical Joeboy fashion, the music titan delivers a racy and super-catchy pop anthem in less than 3 minutes with his 2020 first outing. Aided by ‘Baby’ producer Dera, Joeboy continues his epic love tale layered over extremely groovy and percussion-driven instrumentation as he melodiously sings.
Joeboy has gone No. 1 on Apple Music in Nigeria and Uganda with ‘Baby‘ and ‘Beginning‘ — his first two solo singles — as well as top 10 spots in Kenya, Ghana and Zimbabwe. His swift ascent and hit making talent has taken him beyond the continent, landing him coverage and plaudits from Rolling Stone, CNN, Complex, Pitchfork and Billboard among others.
‘Lonely’ is the first taste of Joeboy’s new album setting the tempo for the much-anticipated project from one of Afropop’s rising stars. A specialist in earnest love songs who’s never afraid to show his vulnerability, Joeboy lays it all on the line on ‘Lonely’, shooting his shot with the girl he’s had his eye on. Turns out she’s had her eyes on him, too, and it’s happily ever after. Moral of the story: Never be afraid to share your feelings.
Listen Up & Enjoy the Vibe!
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussh – xClusive
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]