Uche Nwosu, the candidate of the Action Alliance, AA, in the governorship election that held in Imo State on Tuesday withdrew the appeal he lodged to challenge governor Emeka Ihedioha’s victory.
Nwosu, who is a son in law to former governor of the state, Rochas Okorocha announced his decision on Tuesday during a court hearing.
Uche Nwosu, through his lawyer, Mr. Solomon Umoh, SAN told a seven-man panel of justices led by the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Tanko Muhammad that he was no longer willing to continue the case.
“Based on the judgement of this Court dated 20th December, in SC/1384/19, we had resolved to withdraw our appeal, on my advice to my client”, Umoh said.The apex court panel then struck out the case owing to the withdrawal of appeal.
It would be recalled that the Supreme Court in December, voided the candidature of Uche Nwosu as governorship flag bearer of the Action Alliance (AA) in the 2019 general elections in Imo, over double nomination.
The apex court, in its judgment delivered by Justice Adamu Augie, upheld the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Abuja Division.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- May D – Molatiwa E (I Gasto Find You) [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks [AuDio]
- Skales – Tell Us [AuDio]
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Qdot – Ole [AuDio]