The Lagos State Government on Friday said it had just employed 70 women as truck drivers, as part of efforts to empower women in the state.
The Deputy Governor, Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, announced this at a news conference in Ikeja today organised to mark Governor Babatunde Fashola`s sixth year in office.
She said that the women had been trained on driving large vehicles before they were deployed to the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) as waste truck drivers.
�We are also considering training and empowering women as Taxi drivers. We are currently examining some security risks that these women might face driving taxis.
�But we hope to partner with some hotels in the state on how we can attach some of these female taxi drivers to them, so that we can track who they are dropping off, in case there is a problem,” she said.
We would love to know your thoughts on this post. Drop your comments
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Flavour – Levels
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Teni – Moslado (Pheelz Refix)
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Omah Lay – Understand (AMEME Remix)
- Zinoleesky – Gone Far
- Chike, Gyakie & Fiokee – Follow You
- Jamopyper – O Nana ft Olamide
- Naira Marley – First Time in America
- Mayorkun – Back in Office