He recently revealed that he actually dressed in the Black Panther suit during the tournament to depict the character in real life.
According to him, the late actor was his hero and he will never forget him.
He added that representing the deceased was a very important moment in his life and it will forever remain memorable.
His words, “When I was competing, a lot of people said we have our own hero. King T’challa on ice. They talked about how important the representation was.”
“I knew that after the 2018 Olympic Games, I wasn’t just there anymore to represent the 20-million people. I wanted to represent 1.2-billion people and that’s where the story of the Hope of a Billion comes in.”
What do you think?
Chadwick Aaron Boseman (November 29, 1976 – August 28, 2020) was an American actor and producer. He played several historical figures, such as Jackie Robinson in 42 (2013), James Brown in Get on Up (2014), and Thurgood Marshall in Marshall (2017).
His role as the superhero Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, including in Black Panther (2018), made him an international star, winning him a NAACP Image Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Boseman’s other film roles included 21 Bridges (2019), which he also co-produced, and Da 5 Bloods (2020). His final film, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, will release posthumously on Netflix. He died on August 28, 2020 after privately dealing with colon cancer for four years.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Davido – Risky ft Popcaan [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]
- Chiké – Forever (Gyakie Cover)
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Rema – Beamer (Bad Boyz) [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]