He recently revealed this during his latest church service, and Nigerians have been reacting.
According to him, the person’s thinking must be really poor to allow that to happen because rich people don’t switch on their phones in church as they don’t want to be disturbed.
David Ibiyeomie added that poor people switch it on because they don’t want to miss an alert and that is a clear sign of poverty.
His words, “Anyone whose phone rings in church is a poor man. his thinking is poor.”
“Rich people don’t switch on their phones in church because they don’t want anybody to disturb them. But poor people switch it on because they want alert; It is a sign of poverty. You will never see a wealthy man switch on his phone in church, he will say, ” I want to hear something that will help improve my life.”
“But the poor will say, “make I see weda somebody go send me money”. It is a poverty mentality. You are in a church where the poor come and become wealthy.”
“Off your phone but if your phone rings you have signed up for poverty. Your mentality is poor, it’s not money in your pocket yet. Somebody say I hear.”
- DJ STiphBami – Beats and Juice (BJ 2021)
- Falz – Oga ft Bontle Smith & Sayfar
- Davido – Champion Sound ft Focalistic
- Fanzy Papaya – Goal Goal ft Umu Obiligbo
- Dr Dolor – Notice
- L.A.X – Peru
- Alternate Sound & Dj Big N – Afro Jam Session 2021 [MixTape]
- Skiibii – Baddest Boy
- Ice Prince & Ckay – Shakara
- DJ 4kerty – Focus Mixtape
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Omah Lay – Free My Mind