What has been your experience with love?
Love has never been fair to me; love is never going to be fair. It’s even worse as a musician because in the Nigerian tradition, it is not seen as a conventional or respectable thing to be a musician. Everybody expects you to be seen and not heard. But when you are in the public eye like this, it is not easy to find true love.
What’s next for Seyi Shay?
I am currently rebranding. We have decided to bring in two personalities (the Mainland and the Island girl) which will depict two sides of me. I recently won an award for the Best Female Act. I’m focusing on my next singles.
She also talked about her future prospective collaborations
Which artiste do you dream of doing collaboration with?
I have done collaborations with almost everyone of them – Wizkid, 2Face, Timaya, Olamide. I am thinking of doing a song with PSquare and Omawumi. Internationally, I would really love to hear Rihanna on Afro Pop and sing with Tina Turner. That’s my ultimate dream.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)