Pakistani rights activist Malala Yousafzai, who survived after being shot in the head by the Taliban for campaigning for girls’ education, pledged yesterday to help free the 219 schoolgirls being held by Boko Haram since April 15.
Malala spoke in Abuja when she met with some parents of the schoolgirls.
There were 15 parents at the meeting and five of the 57 girls who escaped from the Boko Haram custody.
Some of the parents broke down in tears as Malala spoke at a hotel.
�I can see those girls as my sisters … and I’m going to speak up for them until they are released,” said Malala, who celebrates her 17th birthday today. She is scheduled to meet with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Aso Villa this morning.
See more photos below:
�I’m going to participate actively in the ‘bring back our girls’ campaign to make sure that they return safely and they continue their education.”
�I can feel … the circumstances under which you are suffering,” she said. �It’s quite difficult for a parent to know that his daughter is in great danger. My birthday wish this year is bring back our girls now and alive.”
�My request to the government is that they should take you serious. They should definitely take you serious,” she told the five escapee girls.
�If you don’t focus on the future generation it means you are destroying your country. Think about these girls.”
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Danny S – O O (Original Ole) [AuDio]
- Yung Alpha & Ice Prince – Because Of iPhone [AuDio]
- Trey Songz – Sleepless Nights ft Davido
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]