-Paul Pogba scored twice as Manchester United beat City 3-2 in Saturday’s Premier League encounter at the Etihad Stadium
– The Citizens were two goals up after the first 30 minutes of the game, but they couldn’t hold on to their lead as they lost to their city rivals in front of their home fans
– Meanwhile, his performance in this weekend’s game has earned him a lot of respect from his Portuguese manager, Jose Mourinho after the game Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is full of praise for France international Paul Pogba after scoring a brace in his side’s 3-2 win over soon-to-be crowned Premier League champions, Manchester City on Saturday, April 7, at the Etihad Stadium. The Citizens got off to a fine start with Vincent Kompany and Ilkay Guendogan scoring two first half goals for the hosts in the 25th and 30th minutes respectively. However, City’s celebration came to a rude shock, when the Red Devils came back into the second half with a winning mindset. Pogba scored two quick goals in the space of 90 minutes to give the Old Trafford’s side a lifeline in the game, while Chris Smalling’s 69th minute volley ensured Jose Mourinho’s men claim maximum points in that fixture.
However, City’s celebration came to a rude shock, when the Red Devils came back into the second half with a winning mindset. Pogba scored two quick goals in the space of 90 minutes to give the Old Trafford’s side a lifeline in the game, while Chris Smalling’s 69th minute volley ensured Jose Mourinho’s men claim maximum points in that fixture. READ ALSO: Manchester United beat Manchester City 3-2 at Etihad to delay title celebration The Portuguese born manager while reacting to his row with the former Juventus man said it doesn’t matter who was wrong: “I have not spoken to Paul about that. I am not interested in who is right” – and went on to praise Pogba’s contribution over the past week. “He played well against Swansea, he produced some very good work in training, and along with Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera he was phenomenal against City,” the United manager said. “At half-time I said I wanted my defenders to be more confident and need to see more from Jesse Lingard and Alexis Sánchez, but I told my midfield players they didn’t need to improve.
“Sometimes when you are losing the instinct is to change things immediately, but I didn’t have that feeling so we stayed the same. “We have a good chance to finish second now, we needed points to make sure we could do that and we managed to get them in the most difficult place, the stadium where no one else in the league has managed to win this season.” “We wanted to win this game, I won’t deny that, but we always knew who we were playing,” Guardiola said. “United are in second, and they showed why. “They only had three shots on target and they were all goals. At this level you need to be clinical at the front and solid at the back. “We are sad for our fans, but we still have 84 points and now we have to be brave to stand up again and focus on Liverpool. “At Anfield the problem was that we did not create any chances. At least we corrected that here. Even after going behind we created good positions, and but for a good save from David de Gea we might have had another goal.” Meanwhile, United have reduced Manchester City’s gap on the log to 13 points with just six matches to wrap up the 2017-18 league season.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- BOJ – Emotions
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Ajaeze – Reason
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]