The late heiress Huguette Clark was known for her reclusive nature, rarely leaving her apartment and spending the last two decades of her life voluntarily leaving in a hospital.
But a new book reveals there was one hobby that drew clark out of her shell: a lifelong infatuation with expensive dolls. In their new book “Empty Mansions: The Mysterious life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune”, authors Bill dedman and Paul Clark Newell Jr. report that Clark amassed a doll collection worth an estimated $2 million.
Clark’s life was full of eccentric tales. For example, she owned two mansions in California and New York worth a combined $150 million but she never visited either location. She also spent more than 20 years living in a New York’s Beth Israel hospital at a cost of more than $400,000 a year, even though she did not have any diagnosed illness
Now playing ”too much money”!
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- BOJ – Emotions
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Ajaeze – Reason
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]