A recently-elected Kenyan politician is keeping his job as a toilet attendant and “shoe-shine boy”, a report suggests.
Business Administration graduate Moses Gichangi has apparently been looking after the loos in Nakuru, in the northern Rift valley, for six years. And the Daily Nation says he chose not to give up, despite being elected a county assembly member in March, because he wants to remain a “role model” for youngsters. “Before i was elected to the County Assembly, I had managed to recruit a group of 10 youths who came together and formed an environmental lobby group. We not only clean toilets but also hold clean-ups in the estates,” Gichangi is reported as saying.
Apparently, he prefers the 6am shift because the assembly doesn’t sit until later. And while that might mean cleaning up vomits left by the previous night drunks, the Nation hears from one customer who’s impressed by the fact power hasn’t changed the politician. Others, however, are baffled. “Why would a member of the County Assembly continue washing toilets and handing tissue papers to customers when his MCA salary enables him to lead a comfortable life?” wonders one, as Gichangi polishes shoes.
Like OBJ, Nigeria’s farmer-president, I suggest he should go into mechanised shoe-shinning and advanced toilet cleaning, just like those governors that were former touts and political hooligans that graduated into…,well i’ll shut my mouth here.
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]