Hip hop star, Miley Cyrus has launched the Happy Hippie Foundation to homeless, LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) youths.
The ‘Adore You’ hit-maker announced the official launch of her new foundation on Tuesday which is a nonprofit organization devoted to helping homeless youth, LGBT youth, and other vulnerable populations.
“The position I’m in, I feel like I’ve got a lot of power,” she said in a phone interview with the Associated Press on Monday.
“But so many kids don’t feel that way. They’re under their parents’ rule. When you have all eyes on you, what are you saying? And that’s what I had to ask myself a lot. It’s like, I know you’re going to look at me more if my (breasts) are out, so look at me. And then I’m going to tell you about my foundation for an hour and totally hustle you.”
Miley said that she chose to focus on homeless youths because it’s something that nobody talks about.”It’s something that everyone sees,” she said. “It’s like the birds chirping. We’re consciously ignoring it at all times, but it’s always happening right in front of us.”
She confessed she gained inspiration from the homeless man she famously had accept her video of the year award at the MTV Video Music Awards last August and was also moved by the suicide of transgender teen Leelah Alcorn in December.
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Dj Lahboceery – Megamix Vol.2
- Terry Apala – We No Want Sars [AuDio]
- Simi – There For You ft Ms Banks [AuDio]
- Skales – Tell Us [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- May D – Molatiwa E (I Gasto Find You) [AuDio]
- Ajebo Hustlers – Barawo (Remix) ft Davido [ViDeo]