The governor recently gave his opinion on Thursday in Abuja, at a Youth Summit, organised by Shina Peller, a member of the House of Representatives and Chairman Board of Trustees of Lead Generation Initiative.
According to him, the military obviously ceded power to individuals who were not prepared or competent for the administration of the country.
He added that the position of a councillor or ward leader is fundamental, and also very important for the development of the country.
His words, “Maybe the best way for us to understand challenges affecting leadership in Nigeria, is to let me share my experience with you, as Governor. I was sworn in at the age of 48. Within one month, I knew I was lost about who a governor is.”
“The mistake in my own opinion, started in 1999 when the military decided to bow out and allow civilians to take over; a lot of competent people, did not believe in the process, so they stood back, and watched. Before we realized it, the system was manipulated by incompetent people. For them(who took power from the military), occupying political offices, was business and they accumulated a lot of wealth”.
“The position of a councillor or ward leader, is fundamental and also very important for the development of the country.”
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]