The Head, Consumer Protection Department, CBN, Hajiya Kadija Kassim, stated this during a mentoring programme for students of the Government Secondary School, Suleja, Niger State.
The apex bank’s warning is coming at a time when the huge unemployment situation in the country is making a lot of people to take interest in an online investment scheme tagged: ‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria’.
The platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called �mutual aid financial network,” with a monthly investment return of 30 per cent.
Kassim, while responding to a question asked by one of the students, described the scheme as fraudulent since it was not supported by any business model.
She said, �We have heard about the activities of MMM, but I want to warn you against it because they are wonder banks that are not regulated.
�Desist from their activities because they are fraudulent.”
The mentoring programme, which was held simultaneously in over 200 schools, was part of activities to mark the World Savings Day.
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Killertunes – Light Up ft Walshy Fire, Sha Sha & Like Mike
- Becky G & Burna Boy – Rotate
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]