The Zonal Commanding Officer, Mr. Samuel Obayemi, gave this warning with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Monday.
According to him, FRSC officers will not take it easy with any offending motorists and they will be duly punished.
He added that overloading is a big offense and no motorist should be pressured to do it.
His words, “Now that the state government has banned and restricted the use of Okada and tricycles in major highways in Lagos, a lot of motorists will now want to overload their vehicles, flouting the law against overloading.
“We are saying that FRSC will not fold out hands and allow motorists to take laws into their hands.
“FRSC will not tolerate overloading as a result of the ban of motorcycles and tricycles on Lagos highways.
“It is an offence for you to overload your vehicle either with animals or people. Beginning from today, we will emphasise that people don’t overload their vehicles,”
“The danger there is that if there is a crash, it will be more difficult to rescue victims when the vehicle is overloaded than when it is not.
“So, we are advising people not to allow themselves to even be the overloaded passengers.”
- Nero – Ifeoma ft Mr. Frank
- DJ Maphorisa & Wizkid – Good Love [ViDeo]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- David Jones David – Jingle Bell [AuDio]
- Simi – Duduke [AuDio]
- Mani Lapussh – I Confess [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Fabulous Pizzy – My Prayer Point [AuDio]
- Tiwa Savage – One [AuDio]
- Lyta & Fireboy DML – Soro [AuDio]