Nigeria’s leading telecoms company MTN may be coughing out over N100m as endorsement fees for its new ambassadors
The giant which has had a radical shift in policy, following the recent portability drama, is hoping to push pop star Davido, along with four Project Fame alumni, as brand ambassadors; before any rivals especially Etisalat which was badly burnt in the Saka Portability campaign – picks them up.
It’s the first time MTN is signing official brand ambassadors. And inside sources told NaijaVibe over the weekend, that the project which has the blessings of the new marketing director, will gulp hundreds of millions – including endorsement fees, and costs associated with campaigns that’ll involve the ambassadors.
No specific detail on what each act is being paid, but we’re told ‘each of the Project Fame acts will receive nothing less than N15m. And Davido who was reportedly paid N30m for his debut MTN TVC last year is also renewing for the same amount.
Iyanya, Chidinma and Praiz have already sealed their deals, as well as Davido. We could not immediately confirm the situation with Mike, or if other PFWA winners are being considered now or in the near future.
The company is expected to make an official announcement in a matter of days
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Currently ft Olamide, Falz & LK Kuddy
- Shadow – Trauma
- Omah Lay – Godly [AuDio]
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Stefflon Don – Can’t Let You Go Remix ft Tiwa Savage & Rema