The singer shared this on Instagram today and the congratulatory messages have been rolling in.
His words, “The news that you delivered of a bouncing baby boy woke me up this morning and has been making my day. Big congrats to my daughter, Susan and her husband. The new baby shall live to fulfil his purpose on Earth.”
Abass Akande Obesere, also known as Omo Rapala, is a native of Ibadan, the largest city in Western Nigeria. A popular Fuji musician, Obesere forced his way into the limelight through his “vulgar” songs, which openly touch on issues that are considered taboo in the conservative Yoruba community.
Following the paths of other successful musicians such as Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, Obesere also has taken his own brand of Fuji music all over the world.
He was initially signed with Sony Music but moved onto other labels after payment disputes. He is currently signed with Mayors Ville Entertainment an artiste management firm, a subsidiary of Maxgolan Entertainment Group, a record company located in Lagos, Nigeria.
Alhaji Obesere survived a ghastly car accident at Ijebu-Ode in his Lexus jeep LX470 on his way to Lagos. The accident occurred on Sunday April 8, 2012 at about 7:30pm. Report had it that the artiste and 2 other passengers only sustained injuries and were immediately transferred to Orisunbare Hospital, Jakande Isolo, Lagos.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Seyi Shay & Yemi Alade – Pempe
- Kizz Daniel – Madu [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Coming ft Busiswa
- Ice Prince – Kolo ft Oxlade [AuDio]
- Chidinma – Jehovah Overdo [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Deejay J Masta – Boogie Down Mixtape
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Tekno & Mafikizolo – Enjoy (Remix)