The concert movie is a fantastic idea. Hire a director to follow a band doing what they will be doing anyway. Pump it up into 3-D and sell tickets to the group’s millions of fans around the world. The films are easy to make and easily marketed.
‘One Direction: This is Us’, should top the box-office this weekend with an estimated $18 million according to Exhibitor Relations. The film cost just $10 million to make and Sony was even able to get prestige documentary film-maker Morgan Spurlock (of ‘SUPERSIZE ME’ fame) to direct the movie. The movie is the top selling ticket on fandango, 98% of the ticket buyers are female.
Wednesday, August 28.
1. Closed Circuit.
Friday, August 30.
2. One Direction: This is Us.
3. Instructions Not Included.
4. Afternoon Delight.
5. The Lifeguard.
7. Our Nixon.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Rema – Woman [AuDio]
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Mr P & Tiwa Savage – I Do [AuDio]
- Dj Baddo – Best of Mr Eazi and Tekno [MixTape]
- Wizkid & Akon – Escape [AuDio]
- Rema – Ginger Me [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Trap Symphony [AuDio]
- Diamond Platnumz – Simba [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Sauti Sol – Live and Die in Afrika [Album]