This was recently revealed to Nigerians, and concerned citizens have been reacting.
According to the report, from the Russian invasion of Ukraine in February 2022 through the end of last month, the price of Brent crude oil in US dollars fell nearly six percent, but still yet, because of currency depreciations, almost 60 per cent of oil-importing emerging market and developing economies saw an increase in domestic-currency oil prices during this period.
It added that the elevated prices of energy commodities that served as inputs to agricultural production have been driving up food prices.
It read, “During the first three quarters of 2022, studies by the World Bank Group showed that food-price inflation in South Asia averaged more than 20 per cent. Food price inflation in other regions, including Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, averaged between 12 and 15 per cent.”
NaijaVibe HoT DOWNLOAD
- 7 of the saddest Nigerian songs released in the last ten years
- Omah Lay – Woman
- Stan Slim – Green Light ft Adama & Lost Pearl [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Ojuelegba (Remix) ft Drake & Skepta [AuDio]
- Yemi Sax – My Woman My Everything + Thinking Out Loud [AuDio]
- Wasiu Alabi Pasuma – Change [AuDio]
- Henry Knight – Damilohun [AuDio]
- Olubunmi – A Now Miracle [AuDio]
- A-Q – Red Cups ft Mr. J.I [AuDio + ViDeo]
- Toby Grey – Na U ft Soma [AuDio]
- Burna Boy – Gbona [AuDio]
- Seriki – Angel ft Sojay [AuDio]