He recently revealed this as a guest on NTA live Programme “Good Morning Nigeria” in Abuja.
According to him, the amendment of the code was well-intentioned and the amended code will reposition the broadcast industry in a way that will favor every stakeholder and practitioner.
He added that it is sad that the people who will benefit in the new regime have been carried away and confused by critics.
His words, “It is unfortunate that even those who would benefit in the new regime have been so carried away and confused by critics of the ammended code that they are also attacking us.
“Those we are protecting are those who are vociferous in our attack,”
“Anywhere you have monopoly and exclusivity, growth is hampered particularly as it relates to local contents.
“We said, henceforth, you cannot go and buy a series or opera or rights for sports and refused to sell to Nigerians.
“For instance, if you buy Premier League, and a small operator approaches you to resell, you must resell to him.
“We will not dictate the price at which you are going to resell but you must resell at a price to be agreed by both parties.
“I want to say that it is only in Africa that you have exclusivity and monopoly of contents as a business model.
“In the UK, you watch premier league on any channel.”
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- DJ Baddo – Best Of Fireboy Mix 2020
- Yemi Alade – Deceive ft Rudeboy [AuDio]
- Dj Kamol – Crazy Gyration ft Skailey Normal [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – South Africa & Nigeria NonStop Mix
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- 2Baba – Opo ft Wizkid [AuDio]
- King Perryy – Waist ft Kizz Daniel [AuDio]
- Dj Lahboceery – Abena Mix