Through a statement by the NDLEA Head of Public Affairs, Ofoyeju Mitchell, the suspect was in possession of 108 automatic teller machine (ATM) debit cards. The suspect was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos while the suspect was attempting to board a Qatar Airline flight to China.
It quoted its commander at the Lagos airport,Ahmadu Garba, as saying that the suspect was arrested in connection with alleged money laundering
The agency also added that the suspect was immediately transferred to the Assets and Financial Investigation Directorate of the Agency for investigation.
According to the agency, The debit cards belong to five commercial banks,. 58 First City Monument Bank (FCMB) cards,23 Stanbic IBTC Bank Cards, Zenith Bank 19, Fidelity Bank 6 and Diamond Bank 2.
Victoria Egbase, the Director of Assets and Financial Investigation, said that the Agency had established a prima facie case of financial crime against the suspect.
Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA,Ahmadu Giade, has ordered for the transfer of the case to the EFCC for further investigation.
According to NDLEA, the suspect said he was asked to take the cards to China.
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TareeQ – Medicine [AuDio + ViDeo]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Young Jonn – Incase [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- FloWolf, Dremo & Mayorkun – On A Jay
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Zoro – Church [AuDio]
- Skiibii – Banger ft Reekado Banks [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]