Prof. Mahmood Yakubu revealed this at a meeting with the Electoral Officers (EOs), Heads of departments, heads of Units, and other members of staff of the commission today.
According to him, neutrality is absolutely very important during the elections because INEC is not supporting any political party or candidate.
He added that the commission is only concerned with the integrity of the entire process when the polls are done.
His words, “We are really happy to be here, we have heard so much about the preparation about Edo election and we thought we should come and see things for ourselves.
“As part of our visit, we are meeting with members of staff particularly the field commanders who are the EOs in the 18 local government areas of the state.
“I am here to draw your attention to a few things you need to know.”
“Neutrality is absolutely very important.
“I am excited about what the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), said about neutrality and professionalism.
“We are not supporting any political party or candidate and we are not also against any political party or candidate either.
“Our concern is the integrity of the entire process. The choice of who becomes the governor of Edo is entirely in the hands of Edo people.”
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- TripleMG – Osho ft Iyanya & Tekno [AuDio]
- Wizkid – Wizzy Baby [AuDio]
- Phyno – Good Die Young [AuDio]
- Olamide & Phyno – Ladi ft Lil Kesh [AuDio]
- Mani LaPussH – Last Last [AuDio + ViDeo]
- DJ Tunez – Pami ft Wizkid, Adekunle Gold & Omah Lay
- Dj Baddo – Foreign [MixTape]
- ClassiQ – Matsashi [AuDio]
- Dj Highbee – Best Of Wande Coal [MixTape]