He revealed this today during a surprise party organized to mark his 85th birthday by the Yoruba World Congress in Lagos.
According to him, Akintoye wants a retracing of steps for us to have a clear, fair and effective Nigeria.
He added that things have to change in our nation and we need a sober reflection in Nigeria to finally get things right.
His words, “We should rethink this Nigeria. The way it now does not seem to be for a good purpose, we need to change things. We must have sober reflection devoid of partisan affliction and retrace our steps to where we were before now. Do we need to ask ourselves who is this country working for? We need to review how we wish to live together as a people in order to come up with a clear, fair and effective country.
“The country is not working for the Yoruba people. It is not reflecting the Omoluabi principle that makes up an important part of the Yoruba essence. It is sad that our youths now face a rather bleak future. That is unacceptable and we must rediscover our Omoluabi principle.
“Look at the state of insecurity in Nigeria. Consider the prospect of our youths, health care. People are living in abject poverty. I want us to have a sober reflection on the situation in Nigeria. People are sad and unsafe. The future is also not looking bright for a lot of young people.
“When I think of what we had in mind for this country, our lofty ideas and the great step we took at least in the old Western Region under the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, SAN, and compare with what we have now, I am not happy.”
- DJ Spinall – Motivation Mix
- Asake – Mr Money (Remix) ft Zlatan & Peruzzi
- Naira Marley – Koleyewon
- DJ Baddo – All Of Me Remix ft John Legend [AuDio]
- Nandy – Leo Leo ft Koffi Olomide
- DJ HM – Best Of Omah Lay ft Bella Shmurda [MixTape]
- Philkeyz, Yemi Alade & Bisa Kdei – Complicated [AuDio]
- DJ Enimoney – G.O.A.T (Best Of Olamide) [Mixtape]
- Deejay J Masta – Amapiano Mix (Lagos To Jozi)
- Fireboy DML – Vibration [AuDio]
- Kizz Daniel – Flex [ViDeo]
- Patoranking – I’m In Love [AuDio]